Town Information For Beach Weddings

03 Apr
April 3, 2012

Town/Park Service Information for Beach/Lighthouse Weddings.

There are many fabulous locations on the Outer Banks to hold your wedding ceremony. That’s why it is one of the East coast’s most popular destination wedding sites. Of course, some of the most popular sites are one of our beautiful beaches or many lighthouses. You should be aware that depending on the location of your ceremony, the use of the beach or lighthouse property may be regulated by a government agency. So be sure to contact the town or agency in which your ceremony will be performed to check out the requirements. I have listed below contact information for most of our area agencies:

The Town of Duck
1200 Duck Road
Duck, NC 27949
Telephone: 252-255-1234

The Town of Kill Devil Hills
102 Town Hall Drive
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Telephone: 252-449-5300

The Town of Kitty Hawk
101 Veterans Memorial Drive
P.O. Box 549
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Telephone: 252-261-3552

The Town of Manteo
407 Budleigh Street
P.O. Box 246
Manteo, NC 27954
Telephone: 252-473-2133

The Town of Nags Head
5401 S. Croatan Highway
P.O. Box 99
Nags Head, NC 27959
Telephone: 252-441-5508

The Town of Southern Shores
5375 N. Virginia Dare Trail
Southern Shores, NC 27949
Telephone: 252-261-2394

Dare County
954 Marshall C. Collins Drive
P.O. Box 1000
Manteo, NC 27954
Telephone: 252-475-5000

Currituck County
153 Courthouse Road
P.O. Box 39
Currituck, NC 27929
Telephone: 252-232-2075

National Park Service
Special Park Uses Coordinator
Telephone: 252-475-9036

Jockey’s Ridge State Park
For permit information, call 252-441-7132

Obtaining A NC Marriage License

03 Apr
April 3, 2012


In North Carolina, the bride and groom must obtain a marriage license prior to their marriage. A license can be obtained from the Register of Deeds office in any North Carolina County. You do not have to get the license in the county in which you plan to get married. You should contact the Register of Deeds office where you plan to get your license prior to going to the office to determine the necessary information and documentation required. The license costs $60. There is no waiting period after you get your license, but it is only valid for 60 days.

Our two local Register of Deeds offices on the Outer Banks:


Vanzolla McMurran-Smith
Dare County Justice Center
962 Marshall C. Collins Drive
P.O. Box 70
Manteo, NC 27954
Telephone: 252-475-5970
Licenses are handled from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
More information can be found at: Dare County Marriage License


Denise A. Hall
Currituck County Governmental Center
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 2801 Caratoke Highway, Suite 300
MAILING ADDRESS: 153 Courthouse Rd, Suite 600
Currituck, NC 27929
Telephone: 252-232-3297

Licenses are handled from 8 am to 4 pm
Currituck County has more information on their website: Currituck County Marriage License

© 2017 Copyright - My OBX Officiant